Sunday, October 12, 2008

A sign?

I am an Atheist. I have rejected all forms of the supernatural. *BUT* if I were into "signs from above", how do you think I would interpret these:

2003: The US invades Iraq on the basis of faulty intelligence.

2004: Just prior to the presidential election, Osama Bin Laden releases a video taunting George W. Bush. The result is a 1-2% shift in the polls handing victory to Bush and ensuring that Osama Bin Laden gets to keep his recruiting drive running.

2006: Mark Foley scandal erupts just prior to the election, Democrats take over both houses of Congress in a landslide. George W. Bush later describes it as a "thumpin'".

2008: The global economy melts down just prior to the election, poll numbers climb out of reach for the Republican candidates still banging the drums of war and relying on hate speech and lies to run their campaigns.

Personally, I believe it's just chickens coming home to roost. You simply cannot expect to run a permanent campaign of deception and denial and not expect to see some backlash. *BUT* if I were a Christian fundamentalist, I can't imagine how the above facts would not give some pause to reflect on.

No comments: